Pick Out the Right Tompkins Pergola Designs for Your Garden
Any garden with a Tompkins Pergola in it would easily be found to be more attractive than a garden without. The reason for this is that a pergola adds a lot of value to a garden. The main purpose of a pergola is to provide the kind of peace and tranquility that draws people together. Hence, a pergola can be a wonderful addition to your garden because it will act as a perfect gathering point for your family members, friends and neighbors. Furthermore, in terms of investment value, building pergolas for your garden can also be very advantageous because a house with a pergola goes for a lot more than a house without and is best done by a professional deck builder. This does not mean that any type of pergola would be effective. Instead, you will have to be careful of what kind of pergola designs you approve of for your garden. Consider the following.
- 1. What is the exact location of the Tompkins pergola as per the pergola designs? One of the very common designing flaws with regard to pergolas is that people do not pay attention to the location of various utilities in their gardens. Ideally, your pergola should not be built upon any kind of utility related equipment. In fact, your pergola should not even be built upon underground piping, let alone over ground equipment.
- 2. Do the pergola plans take into account the sun? Since the purpose of the pergola is to protect people under it, it is crucial that you take into account the path that the sun takes when it goes over your garden. If you want it to catch the sun, you will still have to take the path of the sun into account. Therefore, you should only approve the location of the Tompkins pergola after you have confirmed that the sun’s path has been analyzed.
- 3. What materials do the pergola designs specify? Traditionally, wood is regarded to be the best material for building pergolas. The reason for this is the fact that wood pergolas turn out to be cheaper than pergolas made from other materials. Furthermore, wood is the most organic material that you will find for building pergolas. Other materials that people have been known to use include vinyl and aluminum.
- 4. Have the pergola plans been made to scale? Depending upon your garden, the size of the pergola would also vary. It would be entirely pointless if you end up with a pergola too big or too small because it would fail to serve its primary purpose. Hence, make sure that the size of the pergola corresponds to the size of your garden before giving the go ahead for its construction.
- 5. Which shape do the pergola plans give your pergola? Finally, you will also have to make a choice between different shapes for your Tompkins pergola. For example, many people like to have round pergola designs because of the way it looks while many others avoid round pergola designs because they are especially expensive to build. The easiest shapes for pergolas are square or rectangle.